The student news site of Sacred Heart Academy

The Alethea

The Alethea

The Alethea

SHAlloween 2023

One of SHA’s most beloved traditions, SHAlloween, took place on October 31, 2023. The students had shortened classes in preparation for the celebration at the end of the day. Everyone was encouraged to dress up in their costumes and show them off during the day. The teachers, as always, had their own theme. They dressed up as Sonny and Cher! The seniors, also sticking to tradition, did a class costume: businessmen! It was a great way for the seniors to come together as a unified class.

At the end of the day, everyone gathered in the gym in anticipation. Student Council organized the event, and said the magic words: “Seniors and juniors- go get your candy!”. The upperclassmen raced through the halls with their friends, making sure to stop at every classroom. The homeroom teachers waited for the girls to come, making sure they heard “Trick-or-Treat” before they put candy in the bags. Some teachers were playing spooky music to get even more into the Halloween spirit.

While the underclassmen went to get their candy, the juniors and seniors indulged in their treats. Then, a friendly game of knockout began, with the freshman ultimately being victorious. There was a great sense of school spirit in the gym, and everyone had smiles on their faces along with their sugar rush! Mr. Marcello commented on the day: “SHAlloween is a SHA tradition I look forward to every year. It’s awesome to see how much joy it brings to the students.”

Another exciting moment was the announcement of the costume contest winners. There were multiple categories, and there were winners from all different classes. The winners of the Best Duo were the Peas in a Pod! The funniest costumes were the Dance Moms! The best group went to Santa and the Reindeer! The Senior class won the most original, and the Juniors won the porch decorating contest! The best homemade costume was won by Diary of a Wimpy Kid!