The student news site of Sacred Heart Academy

The Alethea

The Alethea

The Alethea

Club Spotlight: Ski and Snowboard Club

As we near the cold, wintery nights of December our Ski and Snowboarding club starts planning their trips. The Ski and Snowboarding Club is an opportunity for all people who are interested in skiing or snowboarding throughout the winter months. Starting in January, the club will organize weekly Friday trips for around 5 weeks, into Southington to ski and snowboard at Mount Southington. Your pass for the weekly trips will begin at 5 pm and end at 10 pm, but you can arrive later, or leave early, depending on your schedule. Unfortunately, transportation is not provided from the club, but if you cannot make it out to the slopes one night, no worries, Mt. Southington allows you to exchange the ticket of the day you missed for the new day! If you drive or if your ride wants to stay, there is plenty of parking in the two lots.

Regardless of skill level, beginner or advanced, there is a slope for you. Mount Southington is home to black diamonds and a beginner slope, making this an enjoyable time for everyone! Anybody in the club has the opportunity to additionally rent our skis or snowboards from Mt. Southington if needed. You would just need to check into the rental area to pick them up, every time you go!

Hungry on the slopes? At Mt. Southington, there are two lodge areas, both with food and vending machines inside! Some of the favorite places to get food from is the pizza truck and waffle house located on the property. Rember food is an additional charge, and not included in the ticket pricing so bring cash!

The 2023-2024 season club leaders are Gabbie Stellato and Addison Galaski. The club’s moderator is Mrs. Alexander. So, be on the lookout for an email from any of the club leaders regarding information about the upcoming ski and snowboarding season if you are interested!