Two More New Teachers!

sr-lauren

Sr. Lauren Elizabeth Zak:
Sr. Lauren Elizabeth, born and raised in St. Louis, MO, has recently been taken on as a Sacred Heart Academy faculty member. She attended Fontbonne University and Albertus Magnus College where she received her B.A. in Philosophy and Religion. Sr. Lauren has previously taught at JPII Catholic High School in Tallahassee, FL and Cor Jesu Academy in St. Louis. Having taught at another Apostle of the Sacred Heart School, she has noted the similar ASCJ charism. Currently she is teaching freshman and sophomore Theology as well as the Media Production class. Outside of the classroom, she moderates Sister-to Sister and Pro-Life club as well as being part of the stage crew for the musical. Sr. Lauren wishes the seniors well telling them to follow their passions; they must find something they love and chase after it. In her free time, Sr. Lauren Elizabeth enjoys dancing, spending time with her fellow Sisters, and enjoying the outdoors.

sr-lisa

Sr. Lisa Retort:
Sr. Lisa Retort, born and raised in western Pennsylvania, received a bachelor of arts in political science (cum laude) from Duquesne University. In addition to this, she gained her Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law in Ohio. Sr. Lisa was raised in a Catholic family which instilled in her the practice of living the Gospel message of love and service. Her parents have remained active within her life and were key supporters in her decision to devote her life to God. Sr. Lisa Retort has taught theology at Sacred Heart Academy before, and has additionally taught at Cor Jesu Academy in St. Louis MO, Immaculate Heart Academy in Washington Township, NJ, and John Paul II Catholic High School in Tallahassee, FL. She has noted that the charism of sharing the love of the Sacred Heart is particularly prominent within this school community. Sr. Lisa is inspired by the various ways in which the love of the Sacred Heart is shared among the students, faculty, staff, and entire staff community. She is currently teaching senior and freshman theology as well as helping to plan Kairos. Sr. Lisa advises the seniors to truly seek out the gifts that God has given to them and to follow them to best benefit the world. She additionally tells them to be passionate in developing to their fullest potential in order to become an Excelsior Woman!